To test all of the networking equipment, we used Performance Test version 4.0 by PassMark Software. This piece of software is perfect for our networking tests here today. It gives us the ability to transfer data over any set amount of time from one computer to another on the network with any kind of network adapter. It outputs such information as CPU load, average transfer speeds and so forth.
To gauge the performance, I used a MSI M510C notebook using the onboard MiniPCI Wireless-G network card as well as using the Gigabyte PCMCIA card to determine what (if any) advantage Super-G gives the end users.
To gain an average transfer speed rating, we set the network section of Performance Test to operate for two minutes for each test where for every test the notebook was sending data. The notebook was placed roughly 10 feet away (through walls) from the access point.
Here we can see that the 54mpbs connection is the slowest of all tested. When running Super-G mode the transfer speeds are not all that much slower than wired 100mpbs LAN.
Copy Transfer Time
When it comes to the copy times, Super-G almost matches that of the wired 100mpbs LAN with regular 802.11g really struggling.
Across the board CPU utilisation remain constant, showing that neither solution offers any better CPU release.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 2 [The Router]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 3 [The Receiver]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives