To test all of the networking equipment, we used Performance Test version 4.0 by PassMark Software. This piece of software is perfect for our networking tests here today. It gives us the ability to transfer data over any set amount of time from one computer to another on the network with any kind of network adapter. It outputs such information as CPU load, average transfer speeds and so forth.
To gauge the performance, I used a MSI M510C notebook using the onboard MiniPCI Wireless-G network card as well as using the Gigabyte PCMCIA card to determine what (if any) advantage Super-G gives the end users.
To gain an average transfer speed rating, we set the network section of Performance Test to operate for two minutes for each test where for every test the notebook was sending data. The notebook was placed roughly 10 feet away (through walls) from the access point.
Here we can see that the 54mpbs connection is the slowest of all tested. When running Super-G mode the transfer speeds are not all that much slower than wired 100mpbs LAN.
Copy Transfer Time
When it comes to the copy times, Super-G almost matches that of the wired 100mpbs LAN with regular 802.11g really struggling.
Across the board CPU utilisation remain constant, showing that neither solution offers any better CPU release.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 2 [The Router]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 3 [The Receiver]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand