The GN-B49G Router
First off let's take a look at what hosts all the avalible options for the Super G setup, the GN-B49G Wireless Broadband router with built-in firewall.
The B49G integrates four of the latest networking technologies into a single unit. First off it has a built-in Broadband bridge with router functions. The Broadband bridge allows you to connect an Ethernet based broadband modem (this includes xDSL, cable and Ethernet based ISDN) and using a web based setup you can configure the modem to automatically connect to the net without any additional interface from the end user. Added to this is a Router. Simply put. The modem has the ability to assign IP addresses (known as through a DHCP server), Submasks as well as gateways to any PC connected to the unit. This allows the computers connected to automatically communicate with any other computer as well as the Internet which is great for sharing the connection in a SOHO or a home environment.
The next function is Wireless-G with Turbo function. Wireless-G is the latest name given to the 802.11g Wireless protocol. Supporting a 2.4GHz carrier frequency, Wireless-G gives you the ability to run up to 54mbps connection to any compatible 802.11g wireless receiver. Turbo-G, Super-G or whatever you know it as is a standard started by D-Link and adopted across the board unofficially as a system able to boost transmission speeds. Super-G does for Wireless as what Dual Channel memory did for the Intel Pentium 4 platform. When the Turbo function is enabled, a second 54mbps channel is setup and designed to load balance the data across the channel on receivers that can support this function. When at full speed, a link speed of 108mbps is established, equalling that of Fast Ethernet.
Finally the last feature is designed to protect the user with protection from attacks from the outside world. Built into the flash unit is a Firewall controller chip that when enabled protects the users on the network from attacks from hackers on the big bad net.
Included in the package is the router, a wireless antenna, 12v AC to DC power adapter is included (depending on which country you live it will convert either 110v or 230v AC down to 12v DC), CD with user manual, a wall mount plate, screws and a Ethernet cable to connect your Ethernet based Broadband modem to the unit.
Here we see the modem itself. On the front there are a bunch of LEDs to indicate the status of the modem. First off there is the power LED, this lights up solid green when operating properly, flashing orange to indicate the unit is cycling up and solid orange when the unit has malfunctioned. There are four LEDs to indicate link and LAN activity, a WAN LED to indicate connectivity and activity from the Broadband modem and a WLAN LED to indicate traffic on the Wireless network.
On the back we see all of the ports avalible. The WAN port is for connection to your Broadband modem and the port supports 10/100mbps speed which means adding HSDSL over 45mbps speeds are no problem. Where other connections are limited to 10mpbs, Gigabyte goes the extra distance to make sure this router is ready for anything.
Next we have the four Ethernet ports, labelled LAN1 to LAN4 this is where you can connect PC's direct or plug in extra switches to increase the number of ports. The built-in router can assign IP addresses for up to 254 PC's, so there is no worries of port limitations or IP address limits here for the SOHO or home network.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 2 [The Router]
- Gigabyte Turbo G - Page 3 [The Receiver]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- ارقام تليفونات شارب || 01014723434 || توكيل تكيف شارب || 01225025360 |
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience