System IO Benchmarks
CrystalDiskMark USB 3.0:
ixChariot Network Throughput:
I changed the hardware configuration for some benchmarks and changed how the networking benchmark is done. I changed out the SATA6G SSD to a Samsung 850 Pro, I changed the way USB 3.0 testing is done (now it is done with an external SSD), and I heavily increased the number of connections for network testing so that all NICs won't hit the 940 Mbps maximum.
The Z170A GAMING M9 ACK performs very well in the SATA and M.2 tests; some of the best sequential speeds from the M.2 drive are from this board. Networking performance is pretty good too, but it's the first time I have tested wireless capabilities with the new method and I have nothing to compare the Wireless AC to right now. I would think that performance would be closer to 300+ Mbps if using the old method, perhaps above that.
Audio RMAA 5.5:
I disable all audio features, set the correct bitrates, and then test the audio with a loopback test.
Sound Judgment by Ear: Excellent. RMAA doesn't tell the whole story with non-Realtek based audio solutions. The audio output of the Z170A GAMING M9 ACK is one of the best I have ever heard form a motherboard, I could even say its possibly the best audio implementation I have seen on a motherboard. There are 5 ratings for audio: 1. Problems, 2. Okay, 3. Acceptable, 4. Very good, 5. Excellent
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z170A Gaming M9 ACK for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z170A Gaming M9 ACK retails for $432 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Z170A GAMING M9 ACK]
- Page 3 [MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives