HIS is a Hong Kong based graphics card company who was first established in 1987, that may sound like a long time for a computer company but in actual fact it isn't really. It has only been the last couple years that HIS have really started to make an impression on enthusiasts (and us) with their Excalibur line of ATI chip based graphics cards. This has allowed them to sway away from the norm and add in new features such as fancy cooling which really help companies of this nature stand out from their many competitors. Before that, HIS was relatively unknown in the high-end market but still did quite well in the budget market with their cheap Radeon 7000 parts.
In the past we have looked at several HIS products and a couple of those received awards from us for innovation, such as their Dual DVI product. We always try to encourage companies such as HIS to add features for overclockers and performance users but sometimes that doesn't always happen. HIS is one of those companies we try and encourage to add more enthusiasts' features to their product through our product reviews and we are pleased to see that HIS is listening to what we and others have to say. Not to say that HIS hasn't offered enthusiasts parts in their products in the past, it's just they weren't all that ground-breaking - that was, until today.
HIS sent us their brand new ATI Radeon X700Pro IceQ Turbo VIVO 256MB PCI Express graphics card a little while ago and it doesn't just have a long name but a long list of features, which we love. Take this for example, using the included iTURBO Windows overclocking software, you can press one button and the core and memory clock speeds are increased almost as high as ATI's now non-existent and faster X700XT - and HIS promise to warrant this overclocked speed. We are impressed with what HIS has come up with in their latest graphics card so read on and find out what makes us think this way about the product.
In this review we'll take a close look at the HIS X700Pro IceQ Turbo (including the impressive overclocking ability) which uses the new PCI Express interface and compare it against the older ATI Radeon X600XT VPU and see what is different and how it affects gaming performance in popular games such as HL2, Doom 3 and Far Cry.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS X700Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 2 [The Package]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 3 [The Card]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- HIS X700Pro - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio