Installation and Finished Product
To get things ready to test on our Intel system, we set the ends all the way in for LGA 115X and set the back plate into the holes in the motherboard.
With the back plate behind the socket and the studs poking through the front, we then send in all four standoffs until they run out of threads. For us, finger tight has always worked out best; there is no real need to wrench on these.
We also took time to go ahead and put the 140mm fans onto the radiator. We see there is good coverage of the majority of the fins, and the grey on the fan blades almost matches that of the grey striping on the head unit and radiator.
After tinkering a bit, this is what we ended up with. The head unit is rock solid on the CPU and is well clear of anything like memory and video cards. We like the length of this kits tubing, and it allows for top installation with ease, and can even make it to the front in most mid and full-tower cases.
One last thing to note about these new Hydro series coolers, and that is the LED lighting of the head units. Here we have the default white shown, but via the Link software, we can change this to anything to match a build, or even use it to display colors based on the coolant temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy VII Remake has destructible environments
- HTC's Snapdragon 835 powered flagship leaks - the HTC U
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design