Installation and Finished Product
To get things ready to test on our Intel system, we set the ends all the way in for LGA 115X and set the back plate into the holes in the motherboard.
With the back plate behind the socket and the studs poking through the front, we then send in all four standoffs until they run out of threads. For us, finger tight has always worked out best; there is no real need to wrench on these.
We also took time to go ahead and put the 140mm fans onto the radiator. We see there is good coverage of the majority of the fins, and the grey on the fan blades almost matches that of the grey striping on the head unit and radiator.
After tinkering a bit, this is what we ended up with. The head unit is rock solid on the CPU and is well clear of anything like memory and video cards. We like the length of this kits tubing, and it allows for top installation with ease, and can even make it to the front in most mid and full-tower cases.
One last thing to note about these new Hydro series coolers, and that is the LED lighting of the head units. Here we have the default white shown, but via the Link software, we can change this to anything to match a build, or even use it to display colors based on the coolant temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology