Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
This is an area that I didn't expect to squeeze too much from, but the GM206 GPU continued to impress me as I pushed the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G. I thought I would squeeze another 3-5% out of the card, but I ended up with quite a good overclock in the end.
I was able to push the GPU clock from 1127MHz to 1252MHz, which saw the Boost clock jumping from 1317MHz to 1442MHz. The 2GB of GDDR5 was also overclocked from 1663MHz to 1713MHz. Check out our overclocked results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
When it came to power consumption, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G sipped just 180W from our system, while the GTX 960 uses 235W.
During our gaming and benchmarking sessions, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G was ultra-silent. We didn't hear a peep out of it, and while it struck me as strange, I didn't worry about it. The GM206 GPU is just sipping power, but how much power?
Our entire LGA 2011 system was using just 180W of power under load, which is just great. The card is only using 90W of power itself, so for gamers who don't want to be running up the power bill, the GTX 950 is quite the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup