Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
This is an area that I didn't expect to squeeze too much from, but the GM206 GPU continued to impress me as I pushed the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G. I thought I would squeeze another 3-5% out of the card, but I ended up with quite a good overclock in the end.
I was able to push the GPU clock from 1127MHz to 1252MHz, which saw the Boost clock jumping from 1317MHz to 1442MHz. The 2GB of GDDR5 was also overclocked from 1663MHz to 1713MHz. Check out our overclocked results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
When it came to power consumption, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G sipped just 180W from our system, while the GTX 960 uses 235W.
During our gaming and benchmarking sessions, the MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G was ultra-silent. We didn't hear a peep out of it, and while it struck me as strange, I didn't worry about it. The GM206 GPU is just sipping power, but how much power?
Our entire LGA 2011 system was using just 180W of power under load, which is just great. The card is only using 90W of power itself, so for gamers who don't want to be running up the power bill, the GTX 950 is quite the card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design