Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
For the stock run, we do limit the fan speed on all coolers and take the PWM curve out of the mix. Here we found the NH-D15S performed identical to the NH-D15 with a 49.5 degree result. Considering that it takes a TEC assist or some sort of water cooling to better that result for some products, we can all agree that is really good.
When the overclock is then applied, we see the NH-D15S falter, but just ever so slightly. Of course, more fans on the cooler should improve on thermal results, but coming in less than a degree away from the D15 at 70.25 degrees is again very good for a dual tower cooler with only a single fan to cool it.
Noise Level Results
While controlling the voltage for the stock run, we found the NF-A15 PWM to be spinning at 1020RPM, and at this time we found it inaudible, but the meter was showing us 24dB. Here there is no way to take away from chart topping performance.
It's not quite the best when it comes to fan noise with it spinning at 12 volts. Here we saw a maximum speed of 1520RPM, and from a foot away from the back of the cooler, we were reading 33dB at this time. It's slightly better than the original, but remember there is one less fan chopping the air as well.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-D15S for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-D15S retails for £83 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair