Inside the MasterCase 5 Continued
The back of the chassis sports the second fan offered in the MasterCase 5, and that fan uses a 3-pin header for power. We also see that the ventilated expansion slot covers are held in with thumbscrews.
The subfloor of this design offers a pair of locations for SSDs, with an option to hang these behind the motherboard tray as well. We also find two medium sized holes with grommets to help with wiring or tubing runs, depending on your layout inside.
Below the SSDs, we find rails to support the PSU that can only be installed from the back of the chassis. No issues here with the design, and we find plenty of support and ventilation for even the longest of power supplies.
In the front of the chassis, we found what we believe is an optional 3.5" drive location. This plate is also removable as it sits under where a radiator would go, but there is no mention of this plate in our reviewers guide or in the manual.
Behind the motherboard, we have 25mm of room, and to the right near the bottom, we see the two locations for those SSD trays. The bottom is entirely open to pass cables upwards, and the left is wide open to either accommodate water cooling or get wiring to the drives hanging there.
The wiring is all routed through a track in the back that have Velcro straps on them to keep the wiring in the track. While the wiring that is left seems short, all of the front I/O wiring is able to reach for our system, and it's all black, so it will hide nicely inside as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the MasterCase 5]
- Page 5 [Inside the MasterCase 5 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [MasterCase Pro 5 Options]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017