Reeven Steropes RC-1206 CPU Cooler
With what we are calling the front of the Steropes, we find a very thin fan laid on a very thin stack of fins, but we do like the dressed up brushed aluminum fin with the design and company name. Below the fins, you can just start to see the pre-cooler at the bottom.
From the side, we can see that the fin arrangement is about twice as thick as the fan is, and that there is a groove cut into the side of the fins to latch in the wire fan clips. We can also get a better view of the 120 fin pre-cooler.
The back of the Steropes is where the heat pipes are shown. From the base of the cooler, we have five 6mm diameter pipes exiting the base, and after a couple of bends and an angular arrangement, they are passed through each fin. The center three pipes are then bent on the other side of the base, and return to this side in grooves under the fin stack.
With the fan, fins, and clip covered, the only thing left is to point you to the base of the cooler this time. Notice that the outermost heat pipe is terminated as it exits the base, and if you look two images up this page, you will see the same thing on the other side of the cooler.
With a 120mm fan on the top of this cooler, we see it does a great job of covering the cooler from front to back, as it overlaps on both edges there. The sides, however, are not as covered as the fan frame is 5mm shorter than the width of this fin arrangement, but still covers the majority of the fins well.
Under the fan, we can see that the top edges of the fins are not flat. They step down in height twice from the outside edges to the middle of the fins, and even offers indented sections where the cooler ends at the far side in this image.
Flipping the Steropes over, we see the base is protected with a sticker, and that the hardware mounts into the pre-cooler via the four threaded holes. We can also see the channels for the enclosed heat pipes as well as seeing how the return pipes lay in the fins, and we can see the four pins driven into the stack to hold on the thicker end fin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Steropes RC-1206 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now