Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU Cooler
We will call this the front of the NH-L9x65 since it is the only side to sport the Noctua logo. We see the 14mm thick fan above the taller fins, which has two pipes going into it at this end, while another pair terminate on the other side.
The sides offer three notches along the sides of the fins, but it is the middle one that is most important to users, as this is the one that the wire fan clips will latch into to keep the fan on the cooler.
At the back of the cooler, we see much the same as the front offered us. This time, we have two of the heat pipes going from the base and through the fins at the left.
With none of the sides closed off, if you orient the cooler properly on the motherboard, it will offer extra cooling to the VRMs or to the side of the memory. Also looking near the bottom, we can see the top bits of the SecuFirm2 mounting system.
Removing the fan from the cooler, we see that the fin spacing is kept with the folded sections along the top and bottom of the fins. We also see that there are two large chunks missing from the sides, and that is done to help with mounting.
This is because at the bottom of both areas with shortened fins, we have the screw with the spring on it to mount to the usual bits of hardware we are used to with Noctua coolers.
As we look under the cooler, some of the magic is revealed in how the fins are put on. It appears that each set of two pipes passes through only half the fin array. We also see that the milled base has been protected with a plastic cap.
Removing that cap, we can see that the base is not reflective. This is due to milling marks from how they machined the surface still being left. The nickel does fill in a bit of the valleys, but this slightly convex base is definitely not polished.
PRICING: You can find the Noctua NH-L9x65 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-L9x65 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-L9x65 retails for £35 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-L9x65 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now