Case Build and Finished Product
We always had a soft spot for chassis designs that look just as good finished as they did out of the box, and this Enthoo Evolv ITX does just that. Just simple lines, slightly aggressive angles, and clean looking.
In our build, we pulled the plate to the right, allowing for the longer card to fit. We also buried most of the motherboard with the super thick AIO strapped to the back. We also like that the PSU cover is cut enough to display the sticker, but not open too much to expose the wiring.
While we do not have the dust plate for this motherboard, we did snap one in easily enough just to try it. We took advantage of the rear cooling option, and like the long holes so the AIO did not sit too low for the video card to fit well. As for the PSU, after sliding it in, it aligns well and is ready to be screwed in.
The pair of Velcro straps is all you really need when it comes to wiring this chassis. The front I/O wiring, the PSU wiring, even the SATA cable all run through them and do not cause any interference. Also, keep in mind that if you need the 3.5" bays to the left, you will need a much shorter PSU in this chassis.
Once all the bits are inside, and we got everything back together and are about ready for testing, we realized there is a bit of a tint to that side panel window, hindering a clear view of the interior. If we were to do this again, we would have opted to find some interior chassis illumination to show off the investment inside.
Once powered up, we find the power LED strip at the bottom is illuminated white, and there is a bit of noise coming from the chassis, but it was the Corsair H80i GT, not the 200mm fan at the front, which by itself is near inaudible even at full speed.
PRICING: You can find the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX retails for £42 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Enthoo Evolv ITX]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset