It is no surprise that OCZ has managed to pull off yet another feat of PC engineering. In the past we have been pretty happy with OCZ products, whether they are heatsinks, PSU's or their special brand of memory...it has always impressed.
The DDR Booster is one of the products that come along that you simply have to look at and wonder why it wasn't done earlier. The design is simple, the idea is magical and simply put it managed to push most motherboard to the edge of the FSB limit.
A few words of warning must be imposed as not all motherboards will accept the DDR Booster, whether it be a DIMM placement problem or incompatibility with the electrical circuitry used for the DRAM on certain boards - don't think you can shove this memory booster into any board and get the results you want. OCZ has a list of boards tested to comply and function with the DDR booster as well as recommended max settings and this is a must read before you go out and buy one.
With all the doom and gloom out of the way, the OCZ DDR Booster is definitely one for the extreme overclocker looking for those extra MHz out of the system that you simply cannot get out with regular onboard voltage. This will also prove a very helpful addition to ASUS users who find a lot of their board's undervolting the DRAM.
Fits into a standard DIMM socket, no volt mods needed
Compatible with most boards
Allows up to an insane 3.9v for DRAM
Simple to use - turn knob operation
Can mix connectors up and possibly fry motherboard - be careful!
We have given the OCZ DDR Booster a rating of 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD