Memory is one of the most important things to consider when you want to overclock your CPU. When you push your CPU's FSB to the limits, you aren't simply overclocking the CPU but the memory as well.
Memory modules obtain their speed rating by using the system bus and applying a ratio to it. Be it 1:1, 4:3, 5:3 or whatever your board allows, your memory isn't going to stay in range for long when pushing extreme FSB speeds.
The way to combat memory instability at high bus speeds is to increase the DRAM voltage. To get the overclockers seal of approval these days, motherboards must have a modest amount of DIMM voltage settings; otherwise they simply aren't worth getting. However, sometimes you may get a board with less than stellar voltage selections or a board that simply cannot provide a clean enough signal to the DRAM modules - so, what do we do now? In the past you could consider it junk and find another which can do the job for you. This is now no longer the case thanks to OCZ Technology.
OCZ, known for its memory modules that overclock like a freight train out of control has introduced a module that not only cleans out the voltage sent to the DRAM modules but also allows you to set voltages higher than your motherboards onboard voltage regulators are capable of supplying.
Today come along as we take a look at one of OCZ's most innovative memory products since the introduction of heatspreaders, the OCZ DDR Booster which is your aid for real overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis