Memory is one of the most important things to consider when you want to overclock your CPU. When you push your CPU's FSB to the limits, you aren't simply overclocking the CPU but the memory as well.
Memory modules obtain their speed rating by using the system bus and applying a ratio to it. Be it 1:1, 4:3, 5:3 or whatever your board allows, your memory isn't going to stay in range for long when pushing extreme FSB speeds.
The way to combat memory instability at high bus speeds is to increase the DRAM voltage. To get the overclockers seal of approval these days, motherboards must have a modest amount of DIMM voltage settings; otherwise they simply aren't worth getting. However, sometimes you may get a board with less than stellar voltage selections or a board that simply cannot provide a clean enough signal to the DRAM modules - so, what do we do now? In the past you could consider it junk and find another which can do the job for you. This is now no longer the case thanks to OCZ Technology.
OCZ, known for its memory modules that overclock like a freight train out of control has introduced a module that not only cleans out the voltage sent to the DRAM modules but also allows you to set voltages higher than your motherboards onboard voltage regulators are capable of supplying.
Today come along as we take a look at one of OCZ's most innovative memory products since the introduction of heatspreaders, the OCZ DDR Booster which is your aid for real overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gets 12 maps when it launches
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives