Memory is one of the most important things to consider when you want to overclock your CPU. When you push your CPU's FSB to the limits, you aren't simply overclocking the CPU but the memory as well.
Memory modules obtain their speed rating by using the system bus and applying a ratio to it. Be it 1:1, 4:3, 5:3 or whatever your board allows, your memory isn't going to stay in range for long when pushing extreme FSB speeds.
The way to combat memory instability at high bus speeds is to increase the DRAM voltage. To get the overclockers seal of approval these days, motherboards must have a modest amount of DIMM voltage settings; otherwise they simply aren't worth getting. However, sometimes you may get a board with less than stellar voltage selections or a board that simply cannot provide a clean enough signal to the DRAM modules - so, what do we do now? In the past you could consider it junk and find another which can do the job for you. This is now no longer the case thanks to OCZ Technology.
OCZ, known for its memory modules that overclock like a freight train out of control has introduced a module that not only cleans out the voltage sent to the DRAM modules but also allows you to set voltages higher than your motherboards onboard voltage regulators are capable of supplying.
Today come along as we take a look at one of OCZ's most innovative memory products since the introduction of heatspreaders, the OCZ DDR Booster which is your aid for real overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog