Memory is one of the most important things to consider when you want to overclock your CPU. When you push your CPU's FSB to the limits, you aren't simply overclocking the CPU but the memory as well.
Memory modules obtain their speed rating by using the system bus and applying a ratio to it. Be it 1:1, 4:3, 5:3 or whatever your board allows, your memory isn't going to stay in range for long when pushing extreme FSB speeds.
The way to combat memory instability at high bus speeds is to increase the DRAM voltage. To get the overclockers seal of approval these days, motherboards must have a modest amount of DIMM voltage settings; otherwise they simply aren't worth getting. However, sometimes you may get a board with less than stellar voltage selections or a board that simply cannot provide a clean enough signal to the DRAM modules - so, what do we do now? In the past you could consider it junk and find another which can do the job for you. This is now no longer the case thanks to OCZ Technology.
OCZ, known for its memory modules that overclock like a freight train out of control has introduced a module that not only cleans out the voltage sent to the DRAM modules but also allows you to set voltages higher than your motherboards onboard voltage regulators are capable of supplying.
Today come along as we take a look at one of OCZ's most innovative memory products since the introduction of heatspreaders, the OCZ DDR Booster which is your aid for real overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- Get this Samsung wireless charging pad for over 70% off
- Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer shows amazing graphics
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package