Percentage Difference = [Final-Initial]/Average(Final-Initial)
To see how the CPU does in comparison to the other CPUs, I split all the benchmark scores up into four categories; CPU benchmarks, iGPU benchmarks, dGPU benchmarks, and memory benchmarks. Many benchmarks overlap between CPU and memory, but overall, I divided up the results into these four categories and used my best judgment to group them correctly.
Then I took every 6700K result and subtracted the other CPU result, and then divided by the average of the two. This percentage difference can be thought of as the amount higher (or lower) the 6700K performs compared to a reference baseline in between the two scores. If the 6700K is faster, I get a positive number, and if the 6700K is slower, I get a negative number. I then took the mean of all the results per each of the four categories and displayed those below. I did this three times; once with default speeds, once compared at 4GHz CPU and 2133MHz memory (DDR3 and DDR4) across all CPUs, and the finally compared the 6700K at 4GHz CPU and 2666MHz memory against 4GHz and 2133MHz memory of the other CPUs. I called the final comparison the "adjusted" comparison, and if you look at the final results, they almost line up with what one would expect from IPC increases from generation to generation.
These are the default out of the box results. The 6700K is obviously the winner out of the box, with considerable increases across the board, but with the 5775C leading in the integrated graphics arena.
These are the results clock for clock, but without the memory adjusted to compensate for the difference between DDR3 and DDR4. The default memory speed for DDR4 is 533Mhz higher (2133MHz) than that of DDR3 (1600MHz), and these results don't take that into account, in fact the increased latencies of DDR4 actually can hurt the results of the 6700K since all CPU's have their memory clocked at 2133MHz for the results pictured above.
These are the results clock for clock, but with the memory adjusted to compensate for the difference between DDR3 and DDR4. When I offset the DDR4 speed to even the playing field a little and show off the advantages of faster DDR4 memory, then the gains become much greater, and much more on point with what Intel promised in terms of gains. I believe that these results are a better reflection of the clock for clock performance of the 6700K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [6700K and the Z170 Chipset]
- Page 3 [Skylake Memory and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 8 [Out of the Box dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 11 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 12 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 13 [Out of the Box dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 14 [Statistical Analysis of Results]
- Page 15 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 16 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now