8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects decent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state is achieved at 2,700 seconds of preconditioning.
Again, there is no contest; the M510DC delivers 8K random write performance in the same manner as it does 4K random write, only this time there is very little variability across all measured queue depths. The M510DC holds steady at between 12.2K - 12.3K average IOPS throughout the entire test. The 845DC EVO also displays very little variability, holding steady at 7.3K average IOPS at QD1-32.
Samsung's 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC across the board when reading 8K random data. The largest separation between the two drives occurs at QD16, with the 845DC EVO averaging 54.3K IOPS and the M510DC averaging 43.2K IOPS. The 845DC EVO achieves maximum performance at QD16. The M510DC continues to deliver increasing performance from QD1-32.
Conclusion: In a pure 8K random workload environment, the M510DC delivers better write performance and the 845DC EVO delivers better read performance.
PRICING: You can find the Micron M510DC 480GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Micron M510DC 480GB retails for $353 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni