Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
We decided to test this cooler in two ways, a full round in Quiet mode, and another with Performance mode set. In Quiet mode, we find the H80i GT comes in with a respectable 52.25 degrees, right in the mix. However, if you can handle the noise, in performance mode, the H80i GT is capable of topping the charts at 46 degrees, but that result is extreme and does not directly compare to the rest of the results, but is still damn impressive.
We did the same with the overclocked settings, and found that even with the Quiet mode active, the H80iGT comes in averaging 68 degrees and coming into eleventh place in the chart. Allowing the fans to spin at their best, we see the H80i GT jumps into third position now, amongst custom water loops, besting all but one other AIO.
Noise Level Results
At isle in Quiet mode, we found the fans to spin at 840 RPM, delivering only 26 dB of noise to the office a foot away from the second fan. Now when it came to running the test above at stock, the fans did increase and stay nearer to 1000RPM, but the noise level only increased slightly at that point.
Letting the fans spin at 2220RPM, we found the noise level drastically went up. From near silent operation as Quiet Mode would suggest, we now have gotten up to 57dB of noise, but even though this is loud, the performance shows its worth.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Hydro H80i for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Hydro H80i retails for $91 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Hydro H80i retails for £78 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset