AMD FreeSync Technology
AMD's FreeSync technology is meant to reduce on-screen tearing while maintaining smoother gameplay than V-Sync. I used an ASUS MG279Q gaming monitor and Sapphire's R9 285 both support FreeSync.
The first step to setup FreeSync is to enable it through the monitor's built in OSD menu, you have to use DisplayPort to use FreeSync.
As soon as you enable it AMD's Catalyst Control Center will detect and notify you to enable FreeSync in its menus.
I used AMD's FreeSync demo which is designed to increase tearing, and I made the video above. The benefits of FreeSync are more noticeable in person, and it really does reduce tearing, and it provides smoother video than V-Sync alone. I think it's a pretty cool technology, and if you have a capable monitor and graphics adapter, you should definitely give it a shot.
PRICING: You can find the AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for $122 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for £94 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, GFLOPS, GIOPS, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Windows 10 Discrete GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 8 [Windows 10 Integrated GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 9 [AMD FreeSync Technology]
- Page 10 [Overclocking the A10-7870K and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset