AMD FreeSync Technology
AMD's FreeSync technology is meant to reduce on-screen tearing while maintaining smoother gameplay than V-Sync. I used an ASUS MG279Q gaming monitor and Sapphire's R9 285 both support FreeSync.
The first step to setup FreeSync is to enable it through the monitor's built in OSD menu, you have to use DisplayPort to use FreeSync.
As soon as you enable it AMD's Catalyst Control Center will detect and notify you to enable FreeSync in its menus.
I used AMD's FreeSync demo which is designed to increase tearing, and I made the video above. The benefits of FreeSync are more noticeable in person, and it really does reduce tearing, and it provides smoother video than V-Sync alone. I think it's a pretty cool technology, and if you have a capable monitor and graphics adapter, you should definitely give it a shot.
PRICING: You can find the AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for $122 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for £94 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, GFLOPS, GIOPS, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Windows 10 Discrete GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 8 [Windows 10 Integrated GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 9 [AMD FreeSync Technology]
- Page 10 [Overclocking the A10-7870K and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni