AMD FreeSync Technology
AMD's FreeSync technology is meant to reduce on-screen tearing while maintaining smoother gameplay than V-Sync. I used an ASUS MG279Q gaming monitor and Sapphire's R9 285 both support FreeSync.
The first step to setup FreeSync is to enable it through the monitor's built in OSD menu, you have to use DisplayPort to use FreeSync.
As soon as you enable it AMD's Catalyst Control Center will detect and notify you to enable FreeSync in its menus.
I used AMD's FreeSync demo which is designed to increase tearing, and I made the video above. The benefits of FreeSync are more noticeable in person, and it really does reduce tearing, and it provides smoother video than V-Sync alone. I think it's a pretty cool technology, and if you have a capable monitor and graphics adapter, you should definitely give it a shot.
PRICING: You can find the AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for $122 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD A-Series A10-7870K APU retails for £94 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, GFLOPS, GIOPS, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Windows 10 Discrete GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 8 [Windows 10 Integrated GPU Performance and DX12 API Overhead]
- Page 9 [AMD FreeSync Technology]
- Page 10 [Overclocking the A10-7870K and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017