The heat sink doesn't cover up anything other than the N3700 SoC. The N3700 has 2MB L2 cache, a stock clock of 1.6GHz, a TDP of 6W, 4 cores, and a 2.4GHz turbo. It uses 14nm Airmont cores which succeed the 22nm Silvermont cores (die shrink of Silvermont). The integrated Intel HD graphics have 16 execution units, while the N3000 series Celerons only have 12 execution units. The SoC itself provides 4x PCI-E 2.0 ports, 2x SATA6G ports, 4x USB 3.0, and 1x USB 2.0. A single PCI-E 1x lane is routed for the onboard 1GBit LAN, and the rest are provided to the three PCI-E slots.
I wasn't able to identify everything in the CPU or memory VRMs because they use Richtek parts which are tough to identify. However, the same Farichild dual N-Channel MOSFETs present on ASRock's X99 motherboards are used for some parts of the CPU and memory VRMs. They are high-end integrated MOSFETs which should help reduce overall power consumption and thermals.
For the GBit NIC, ASRock uses Realtek's RT8111G. To expand USB 2.0 from one port to four ports, ASRock uses the Genesys Logic GL850G.
A simple Realtek ALC887 provides the audio ports on the IO panel and is complemented by four ELNA audio capacitors.
Since the SoC operates are pretty low voltages it might require from voltage translators to interface with certain ports. Two Texas Instruments TXS0108E are 8-bit 1.8/3.3v voltage level translators allowing for the SoC to communicate to the SATA ports even though their signals are at different voltage levels. There are also two STMicro ST75185Cs which provide drivers and receivers for the two COM ports.
Other than the SoC itself, the nuvoTon NCT6792D provides SuperIO capabilities and functions such as PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. A single 64Mbit BIOS ROM is used on the N3700M.
An ASMedia 1442K provides the HDMI port from the SoC and a PTN3356 provides the D-SUB (VGA) port from the SoC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse