The heat sink doesn't cover up anything other than the N3700 SoC. The N3700 has 2MB L2 cache, a stock clock of 1.6GHz, a TDP of 6W, 4 cores, and a 2.4GHz turbo. It uses 14nm Airmont cores which succeed the 22nm Silvermont cores (die shrink of Silvermont). The integrated Intel HD graphics have 16 execution units, while the N3000 series Celerons only have 12 execution units. The SoC itself provides 4x PCI-E 2.0 ports, 2x SATA6G ports, 4x USB 3.0, and 1x USB 2.0. A single PCI-E 1x lane is routed for the onboard 1GBit LAN, and the rest are provided to the three PCI-E slots.
I wasn't able to identify everything in the CPU or memory VRMs because they use Richtek parts which are tough to identify. However, the same Farichild dual N-Channel MOSFETs present on ASRock's X99 motherboards are used for some parts of the CPU and memory VRMs. They are high-end integrated MOSFETs which should help reduce overall power consumption and thermals.
For the GBit NIC, ASRock uses Realtek's RT8111G. To expand USB 2.0 from one port to four ports, ASRock uses the Genesys Logic GL850G.
A simple Realtek ALC887 provides the audio ports on the IO panel and is complemented by four ELNA audio capacitors.
Since the SoC operates are pretty low voltages it might require from voltage translators to interface with certain ports. Two Texas Instruments TXS0108E are 8-bit 1.8/3.3v voltage level translators allowing for the SoC to communicate to the SATA ports even though their signals are at different voltage levels. There are also two STMicro ST75185Cs which provide drivers and receivers for the two COM ports.
Other than the SoC itself, the nuvoTon NCT6792D provides SuperIO capabilities and functions such as PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. A single 64Mbit BIOS ROM is used on the N3700M.
An ASMedia 1442K provides the HDMI port from the SoC and a PTN3356 provides the D-SUB (VGA) port from the SoC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now