The heat sink doesn't cover up anything other than the N3700 SoC. The N3700 has 2MB L2 cache, a stock clock of 1.6GHz, a TDP of 6W, 4 cores, and a 2.4GHz turbo. It uses 14nm Airmont cores which succeed the 22nm Silvermont cores (die shrink of Silvermont). The integrated Intel HD graphics have 16 execution units, while the N3000 series Celerons only have 12 execution units. The SoC itself provides 4x PCI-E 2.0 ports, 2x SATA6G ports, 4x USB 3.0, and 1x USB 2.0. A single PCI-E 1x lane is routed for the onboard 1GBit LAN, and the rest are provided to the three PCI-E slots.
I wasn't able to identify everything in the CPU or memory VRMs because they use Richtek parts which are tough to identify. However, the same Farichild dual N-Channel MOSFETs present on ASRock's X99 motherboards are used for some parts of the CPU and memory VRMs. They are high-end integrated MOSFETs which should help reduce overall power consumption and thermals.
For the GBit NIC, ASRock uses Realtek's RT8111G. To expand USB 2.0 from one port to four ports, ASRock uses the Genesys Logic GL850G.
A simple Realtek ALC887 provides the audio ports on the IO panel and is complemented by four ELNA audio capacitors.
Since the SoC operates are pretty low voltages it might require from voltage translators to interface with certain ports. Two Texas Instruments TXS0108E are 8-bit 1.8/3.3v voltage level translators allowing for the SoC to communicate to the SATA ports even though their signals are at different voltage levels. There are also two STMicro ST75185Cs which provide drivers and receivers for the two COM ports.
Other than the SoC itself, the nuvoTon NCT6792D provides SuperIO capabilities and functions such as PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. A single 64Mbit BIOS ROM is used on the N3700M.
An ASMedia 1442K provides the HDMI port from the SoC and a PTN3356 provides the D-SUB (VGA) port from the SoC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017