Packaging and System
The N3700M is well protected in its simple box and anti-static packaging.
There aren't too many accessories other than an IO shield, two SATA6Gb/s cables, a driver DVD, and the manual.
The N3700M doesn't require active cooling, however, there is a fan port in case you want to plug in a case fan. The board is quite simple, it has two full sized DDR3 DIMMs and three PCI-E slots which all run at 1x even though one is a full size 16x slot. There is also a single ATX 24-pin connector for power. The back of the motherboard is pretty bare, there aren't any backside components.
The IO panel has DVI port, D-SUB (VGA) port, HDMI port, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, RJ-45 GBit LAN port, audio ports, and PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. The N3700M does support up to three monitors at a time.
The PCI-E slots are all 1x PCI-E 2.0 slots. There are also two SATA 6GB/s ports. ASRock also has also implemented an improved audio setup with ELNA audio capacitors.
Along with the modern connectivity, ASRock has made sure to include two COM (serial) ports as well as an LPT (parallel) port. They have also included a USB 2.0 header at the bottom of the board and the full array of case button connectors. The CMOS battery is also located in this lower right-hand corner.
At the top of the board are USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 headers, presumably to make the distance between the wires and ports shorter. The heat sink that cools the N3700 SoC (6 watt TDP) is quite simple and uses some type of thermal paste/pad that seems to make good contact with the SoC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now