Packaging and System
The N3700M is well protected in its simple box and anti-static packaging.
There aren't too many accessories other than an IO shield, two SATA6Gb/s cables, a driver DVD, and the manual.
The N3700M doesn't require active cooling, however, there is a fan port in case you want to plug in a case fan. The board is quite simple, it has two full sized DDR3 DIMMs and three PCI-E slots which all run at 1x even though one is a full size 16x slot. There is also a single ATX 24-pin connector for power. The back of the motherboard is pretty bare, there aren't any backside components.
The IO panel has DVI port, D-SUB (VGA) port, HDMI port, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, RJ-45 GBit LAN port, audio ports, and PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. The N3700M does support up to three monitors at a time.
The PCI-E slots are all 1x PCI-E 2.0 slots. There are also two SATA 6GB/s ports. ASRock also has also implemented an improved audio setup with ELNA audio capacitors.
Along with the modern connectivity, ASRock has made sure to include two COM (serial) ports as well as an LPT (parallel) port. They have also included a USB 2.0 header at the bottom of the board and the full array of case button connectors. The CMOS battery is also located in this lower right-hand corner.
At the top of the board are USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 headers, presumably to make the distance between the wires and ports shorter. The heat sink that cools the N3700 SoC (6 watt TDP) is quite simple and uses some type of thermal paste/pad that seems to make good contact with the SoC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards