AMD's product stack has been expanded with the new R9 Fury, so we still have the Fiji architecture here, but the Fiji Pro GPU versus the Fiji XT found in the Fury X. AMD is the only one who is manufacturing Fury X cards, and with the additional CU, TMUs and stream processors, AMD was forced to use liquid cooling to keep it running cool.
But with the watered down R9 Fury, it can be air-cooled, opening up AIB partners like SAPPHIRE to really play with the design of the cooling. As for the specifications, we have 3584 Stream Processors, with a Core Clock of 1050MHz.
There's 4GB of HBM found on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury, the same HBM used on the Fury X, except that it has 450GB/sec memory bandwidth compared to the 512GB/sec found on the Fury X. We have the usual AMD TrueAudio, Liquid VR, CrossFire and other technologies such as Virtual Super Resolution and Frame Rate Limited Control on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury.
The Tri-X cooler on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury is the most efficient version of it yet, with three 90mm Aerofoil fans with dual-ball bearing hubs that ensure a long, and very reliable life of your video card. SAPPHIRE has used a multi-heat pipe array on the Tri-X R9 Fury, with 1 x 10mm, 2 x 8mm and 4 x 6mm heat pipes. This should ensure that the card runs relatively cool during operation.
Additionally, SAPPHIRE has used high density stacked cooler fins, a solid copper transfer plate, die cast mounting frame for the PCB and cooler assembly with the cooler assembly extending (far) beyond the PCB for what SAPPHIRE calls "added air circulation".
The cooler shroud controls the airflow, and is mounted to the frame, while the thick aluminum backplate is said to reduce the PCB component temperatures. SAPPHIRE has used Intelligent Fan Control (IFCII) which will stop the fans when the load gets low enough on the Tri-X R9 Fury.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller