AMD's product stack has been expanded with the new R9 Fury, so we still have the Fiji architecture here, but the Fiji Pro GPU versus the Fiji XT found in the Fury X. AMD is the only one who is manufacturing Fury X cards, and with the additional CU, TMUs and stream processors, AMD was forced to use liquid cooling to keep it running cool.
But with the watered down R9 Fury, it can be air-cooled, opening up AIB partners like SAPPHIRE to really play with the design of the cooling. As for the specifications, we have 3584 Stream Processors, with a Core Clock of 1050MHz.
There's 4GB of HBM found on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury, the same HBM used on the Fury X, except that it has 450GB/sec memory bandwidth compared to the 512GB/sec found on the Fury X. We have the usual AMD TrueAudio, Liquid VR, CrossFire and other technologies such as Virtual Super Resolution and Frame Rate Limited Control on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury.
The Tri-X cooler on the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury is the most efficient version of it yet, with three 90mm Aerofoil fans with dual-ball bearing hubs that ensure a long, and very reliable life of your video card. SAPPHIRE has used a multi-heat pipe array on the Tri-X R9 Fury, with 1 x 10mm, 2 x 8mm and 4 x 6mm heat pipes. This should ensure that the card runs relatively cool during operation.
Additionally, SAPPHIRE has used high density stacked cooler fins, a solid copper transfer plate, die cast mounting frame for the PCB and cooler assembly with the cooler assembly extending (far) beyond the PCB for what SAPPHIRE calls "added air circulation".
The cooler shroud controls the airflow, and is mounted to the frame, while the thick aluminum backplate is said to reduce the PCB component temperatures. SAPPHIRE has used Intelligent Fan Control (IFCII) which will stop the fans when the load gets low enough on the Tri-X R9 Fury.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni