As we saw with the previous two keyboards from Cougar, even the 500K comes with a single USB 2.0 pass-through port to allow users to keep the desk a bit cleaner and plug in the mouse or headset here rather than running those wires all the way to the PC.
Dead center under the Cougar name at the top, we see the rubber grommet coming out the back of the keyboard. the grommet is pretty solid and does not flex much, but keeps the end of the braided cabling from fraying as well.
At the other end of the 1.8 meters of cabling, we see that one fat cable is then broken down into two before they terminate in the pair of gold plated connections. Again, only the one with a keyboard icon in it is needed for the main functionality, but if you want to use the pass-through port, you must have both connected.
Since all the keys on the front are raised, we find no weep holes on the bottom of the keyboard. Instead, we find a bunch of screw holes, the product sticker, and two notches in the leading edge to accept the optional wrist rest.
While at the front there are two pads about the size of a Nickel, at the back it is the same runner cap on the feet that are now extended that keep the back edge of the keyboard from sliding around when they are collapsed.
At this point we took the wrist rest out of the box and snapped it into the front edge of the keyboard. As it sits, the rubber pad is on the left side, and we find more brass touches to go along with the nameplate at the top.
Also just like with the others, the rubber section is completely removable should you not desire to use it. We also showed on the 600K and the same holds true here, this rubber section may look strange there, but it will magnetically lock onto the right side of the rest as well.
Much like the 700K, this 500K offers full illumination of all of the keys, rather than the WASD and arrows of the 600K. The lighting button allows these lights to be dimmed from 100% in three more stages, and also allows the LEDs to be turned off all together.
PRICING: You can find the Cougar 500K 1000Hz Membrane 32 Bit ARM Keyboard (KBC500-WRNSB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cougar 500K retails for $79.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse