We've been seeing a rash of this type product of late, but a vast majority of them have been for use with a standard hard drive. We've even had the opportunity to look at the hard drive version from Vantec, the original NexStar 2 HDD Enclosure. From all angles, the concept is good and the chance to use some of the spare components around the house without having to resort to nightmares in configuration is promising. But what about those who are looking to make use of that extra optical drive sitting on the shelf?
Enter Vantec once again with a means to do just that. This version of the NexStar 2 is for use with standard 5.25" optical devices. With both USB and Firewire interface compatibility, Vantec is claiming you won't have to worry about configuration at all. On top of that, they're boasting fast speeds as well. Pretty big claims from what I can see so far, but we'll delve into them and see how much truth there really is.
You have the hype, so lets crack open the box and see if it can make these claims into reality!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform