Removing the PCB from the chassis wasn't too tough, but there are no serviceable parts under there except the CMOS battery which should last for many years. The heat sink has a large thermal pad which conducts the heat from the heat sink to the metal chassis. Thermal paste is used to conduct heat from the SoC to the heat sink.
The PCB supports mini-PCIe (WIFI/BT module pre-installed), mini-PCIe/mini-SATA (128GB mSATA SSD pre-installed), two SO-DIMMs (2x2GB DDR3L 1600MHz pre-installed), and a single SATA port with SATA DOM power. The CMOS battery is stuck to the underside of the PCB by double sided tape.
The Beebox which is prebuilt and fanless comes with 4GB (2x2GB) of Team Group DDR3L 1600MHz, a 128GB Team Group mSATA SSD, and a WIFI/BT card. The WIFI/BT card is a RTL8821AE, which is optimized for ultra-low power operation. Since the Wireless AC is a 1T1R card, it's limited to 433Mbps.
A Realtek ALC283 is the audio codec for the headphone/microphone jack, while a Realtek RTL8111G provides 1GBit LAN.
The power circuitry was very hard for me to decode, and I wasn't able to identify everything because of the Richtek marking codes. There is one IC labeled "EM" and this is a RT8205, the main power supply chip, meaning it converts the 19-12v input into voltages usable by the other devices. There are three chips labeled "3P=" I believe that they are PWM controllers (or POLs), one for the main SoC, another for the DRAM, and perhaps one more for SATA or one of the mPCI-e slots.
A nuvoTon NCT5567D is the SuperIO in charge of system monitoring and random tasks.
An NXP L04083B is a 4 differential channel PCI-E 3.0 quick switch and I believe it is used for the display outputs in conjunction with two Texas Instruments TXS0104 one of which is pictured above. A 64Mbit (8MB) BIOS ROM is also present.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design