The Enermax Triathlor Eco 650W is an interesting power supply. On one hand, we have a great entry-level power supply. The unit doesn't necessarily feature perfect build quality, especially considering the utilization of Chinese capacitors, but this doesn't seem to affect its performance too much.
Voltage regulation for the Enermax Triathlor Eco 650W fairs well, within 3% or better depending on the rail. DC output quality fairs well too, with a maximum of 49mV of noise on the 12V rail at full load. The efficiency is great for being an 80 PLUS Bronze rated unit. Normally this would be great.
Unfortunately things get a little messy when you start looking at the price of the unit. It is priced exactly the same as the Enermax Revolution X't 620W power supply we just reviewed. The performance between the two is incredibly similar, however, the Revolution X't offers more features. The build quality is slightly better, the unit features a 139mm fan instead of a 120mm one, and also has over-temperature protection.
This makes it quite difficult to recommend the Triathlor Eco when Enermax has already provided us a better unit for the same price. The only reasons that I can find that one might choose the Triathlor Eco over the Revolution X't would be the cable selection and the absolute need for the extra 30W that you get with the Triathlor Eco 650W.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||80%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Enermax's Triathlor Eco 650W power supply is a decent entry-level unit. The problem lies in that Enermax offers a unit with more features and nearly identical performance and there is almost no reason to choose the Triathlor Eco over it.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Triathlor ECO 650W Power Supply ATX 650 Power Supply ETL650AWT-M for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset