Enermax gives you a bit more than you'd expect out of an entry-level power supply. The 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors are natively wired to the unit, while everything else is modular. The big surprise here is that there are varying lengths of SATA cables to help reduce cable clutter. The odd ball here is the Molex + FDD cable though as it is simply cray long. I can't say I've seen any use for a Molex connector for several years and many more for the need of an FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside the Triathlor Eco 650W, we find a pair of heat sinks that provide the passive cooling for the unit. The PCB for this unit is incredibly compact, so much so that it could almost be slipped onto an SFX power supply, but not quite. That would also necessitate the use of a smaller fan which would mean more noise.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is riddled with Taiwanese and Chinese capacitors.
Enermax uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for this unit.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Triathlor ECO 650W Power Supply ATX 650 Power Supply ETL650AWT-M for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99