Enermax gives you a bit more than you'd expect out of an entry-level power supply. The 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors are natively wired to the unit, while everything else is modular. The big surprise here is that there are varying lengths of SATA cables to help reduce cable clutter. The odd ball here is the Molex + FDD cable though as it is simply cray long. I can't say I've seen any use for a Molex connector for several years and many more for the need of an FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside the Triathlor Eco 650W, we find a pair of heat sinks that provide the passive cooling for the unit. The PCB for this unit is incredibly compact, so much so that it could almost be slipped onto an SFX power supply, but not quite. That would also necessitate the use of a smaller fan which would mean more noise.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is riddled with Taiwanese and Chinese capacitors.
Enermax uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for this unit.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Triathlor ECO 650W Power Supply ATX 650 Power Supply ETL650AWT-M for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives