Enermax gives you a bit more than you'd expect out of an entry-level power supply. The 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors are natively wired to the unit, while everything else is modular. The big surprise here is that there are varying lengths of SATA cables to help reduce cable clutter. The odd ball here is the Molex + FDD cable though as it is simply cray long. I can't say I've seen any use for a Molex connector for several years and many more for the need of an FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside the Triathlor Eco 650W, we find a pair of heat sinks that provide the passive cooling for the unit. The PCB for this unit is incredibly compact, so much so that it could almost be slipped onto an SFX power supply, but not quite. That would also necessitate the use of a smaller fan which would mean more noise.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is riddled with Taiwanese and Chinese capacitors.
Enermax uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for this unit.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Triathlor ECO 650W Power Supply ATX 650 Power Supply ETL650AWT-M for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand