Setup of the DIR-890L/R is quite simple and uses a new firmware than what we are used to seeing on D-Link solutions. To begin setup, you follow through a few menus including the one above.
The DIR-890L/R is unique with the way the network is setup in that while being similar to the Linksys solution, the D-Link houses all three bands under one SSID and password, it then chooses a network for you based on the device connecting.
Above, we have the new dashboard. As you can see, like similar solutions, we get an overview of what's going on with the router in one page.
The DIR-890L/R, like said above, by default puts all networks under one SSID and chooses based on device. If you would like to separate your networks, and setup multiple SSIDs, you must disable Smart Connect.
SharePort is the platform for media sharing and SMB servers on D-Link solutions. As seen above, you can setup a DLNA server, along with Windows file sharing.
The D-Link QoS engine allows you to drag and drop your devices into categories allowing you to decide what gets priority on the network.
A unique feature of the DIR-890L/R is the statistics menu that shows you activity across each band separately. This includes LAN and both WLAN networks.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now