Up until the last year or so, Acer wouldn't be a brand one would associate with gaming monitors. But here we are, shifting into the second half of 2015, and Acer has a few gaming monitors out there that are not only worth your attention, but worthy of a near $1000 investment. And not just that, the new XB270HU we have here today, is the best gaming monitor you can buy. Yep, I went there, in the opening paragraph of this review.
Acer's previous XB280HK is a great monitor, a 28-inch 4K monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate and running NVIDIA's G-Sync technology. However, it's only 60Hz. The size isn't perfect, as I'd like more of a 30 to 32-inch monitor with 4K, but with the 60Hz refresh rate, it will never be my new gaming display. The ROG Swift from ASUS is the one to beat right now, with a 2560x1440 panel and 144Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA's G-Sync on top. But, the ASUS ROG Swift is using a TN panel, which doesn't look anywhere near as good as an IPS panel.
This is where Acer has surprised with the XB270HU, which is essentially, the ROG Swift, with an IPS panel - and hell is it gorgeous. To recap, the Acer XB270HU is a 27-inch QHD (2560x1440) monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate and powered by NVIDIA's G-Sync technology. It's a damn beautiful display, and as I said a little earlier, it's the best gaming monitor you can buy right now.
Specifications, Availability & Price
Acer has managed to crank an IPS panel all the way up to 144Hz, and then apply NVIDIA's G-Sync technology onto it. The results are nothing short of amazing. Here's the full datasheet on the XB270HU.
You can see we have a 27-inch QHD panel with a 4ms response time, it's LED backlit, and uses In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology. We have 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 350 Nit, with 29W of operating power consumption. In the box, you get the XB270HU itself, a DisplayPort cable, power cord, and a USB 3.0 cable.
As for price, Amazon has the Acer XB270HU listed for $799.95, which includes free shipping. This is a damn good price for the monitor, especially so since the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q is $748.99 and features a TN panel.
PRICING: You can find the Acer XB270HU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Acer XB270HU retails for $794.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: The Acer XB270HU retails for CDN$949.99 at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Destiny 2's new 4K trailer: PC master race goodness
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes