Packaging and System
When I received the VisionX 471D, I was very surprised as it weighed a lot more than I expected. I thought maybe there were two devices in there, but after opening the box, it became apparent that this is a well-built high performance PC.
The VisionX 471D is well protected inside its box, and when you open the box up, you are greeted by a remote control. Unpacking everything is quite easy and there is a good deal of accessories. Accessories include: AC/DC power converter (120W), HDMI-to-microUSB cable, SATA power dongle, remote control with two battery cells, a short SATA cable, and of course the driver DVD and manual.
The front of the unit carries the IR receiver, headphone jack, microphone jack, USB 3.0 port, HDMI input, MCC/SD/MS/Pro card reader, power button, and a DVD drive button/slot. The back of the unit has a vent for the blower fan to expel the heat, DC power jack, 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF digital, 5x USB 3.0 ports, RJ-45 LAN, DVI, HDMI, eSATA, and a single USB 2.0 port. There is also a Kensington lock port as well as a lid release button located on the back of the unit.
The top has a little indent that runs all around and has a reflective surface; you could perhaps put something on top of the box if you really wanted to as the metal frame could support it. The bottom of the unit has some more vents for air intake and four rubber feet so the device doesn't easily move on a countertop.
Both sides of the unit have no connections or indents; instead a nice brushed aluminum finish is there for a contemporary look.
To open the device up, you just press the button on the back of the unit and the lid pops off, then you unscrew 8x screws with a standard Phillips head screwdriver to release the DVD and HDD cage. There are detailed directions included on how to open the box up, but there is no need unless you want to replace a part.
The unit comes ready to battle; you just need to install an operating system. I chose Windows 8.1 Pro because that is what I use on all the SFF PCs I test. Once you open the box up and remove the cage, you will see all the rest of the goodies that make the VisionX 471D tick. There is also a small fan located on the drive cage to cool down the storage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D]
- Page 4 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning