Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers, and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe, and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there, and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits, or 1000W; whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are higher than that of the Enermax Revolution X't, we can test it to the maximum.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems, and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different, and actual loads can vary greatly, even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages, to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from start to finish, with a total drop of .18V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 3% of specification, with a total drop of .11V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 3% of specification, with a total voltage drop of .08V.
DC Output quality for the Enermax Revolution X't 630W was acceptable and well within specifications. During Test One, we saw 24mV of noise on our scope at 35% load. When we increased the loads in Test Two, the ripple climbed to 34mV at around half load. Increasing loads even further showed that the noise on the 12V rail climbed to 58mV at 630W.
The Enermax Revolution X't 630W is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 87% / 89% / 87% efficiency, at 20% / 50% / 100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Enermax Revolution X't 630W is performing exactly as would be expected to reach these levels of efficiency.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Revolution X't ATX 630 Watt Power Supply ERX630AWT for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now