Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers, and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe, and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there, and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits, or 1000W; whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are higher than that of the Enermax Revolution X't, we can test it to the maximum.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems, and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different, and actual loads can vary greatly, even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages, to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from start to finish, with a total drop of .18V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 3% of specification, with a total drop of .11V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 3% of specification, with a total voltage drop of .08V.
DC Output quality for the Enermax Revolution X't 630W was acceptable and well within specifications. During Test One, we saw 24mV of noise on our scope at 35% load. When we increased the loads in Test Two, the ripple climbed to 34mV at around half load. Increasing loads even further showed that the noise on the 12V rail climbed to 58mV at 630W.
The Enermax Revolution X't 630W is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 87% / 89% / 87% efficiency, at 20% / 50% / 100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Enermax Revolution X't 630W is performing exactly as would be expected to reach these levels of efficiency.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax Revolution X't ATX 630 Watt Power Supply ERX630AWT for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni