With many vendors offering turnkey NAS solutions, the Synology BeyondCloud Mirror is surely one of the best on the market. Backed by DSM, which is a proven NAS platform, only increases the overall value of the package as it enables a plethora of features that most pre-built solutions don't have. Some of these features include all the cloud backup services such as OneDrive, Dropbox and Box along with higher-level feature like iSCSI support for 10 clients. In addition, you will have the full package library at your fingertips with DSM.
Build quality of this appliance is quite superb, especially since this unit is meant to split apart for adding or upgrading drives. The plastics fit together amazingly well and while we do have a glossy exterior that will surely attract dust, this time it is white so it won't be so visible. Connectivity options are plentiful with a single gigabit and dual USB 2.0, but I would have liked to see at least one USB 3.0 for quick backup to a flash drive.
Performance of the BeyondCloud was quite good, while it didn't do extremely well with video playback in our single client testing, once we switched over to sequential testing, it began to show it carries ample performance for transferring data back and forth. Moving over to workload testing, the Synology unit really woke up, taking over the tops of almost all charts in both RAID 0 and RAID 1.
Overall, the Synology BeyondCloud Mirror tested here today is a solid, well performing solution for any home user that wants an easy to use NAS appliance that is backed by one of the leaders in the market.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||91%|
|Bundle and Packaging||89%|
|Value for Money||93%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: Synology's BeyondCloud Mirror is a well built, solid performing NAS solution for the home user. Adding to it is the DSM platform that will allow users to grow into and become familiar with one of the most reliable NAS platforms.
PRICING: You can find the Synology BC214se 2300 2Bay 6TB(2x3TB) BeyondCloud Mirror Network Attachment Storage Server for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology BeyondCloud Mirror]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club