Circuit Analysis Continued
An Intel i218v is provided as the PHY for the integrated GBit NIC. Four of the USB 3.0 ports on the backpanel are routed through a NEC/Rensas D720210 which is a 1-to-4 USB 3.0 hub.
An IDT6V49332 is a clock generator which basically helps out with BCLK overclocking. The iTE IT8792E and at least six linear regulators are used to handle the extra pins in the socket; the CPU Mode switch is hooked up to this IC which digitally enables or disables extra pins.
Dual 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs are provided along with an IT8951E which allows for the addition of USB BIOS recovery in case DualBIOS doesn't work.
The main SuperIO is an IT8620E which monitors and controls voltage, temperature, and fans. It also provides the PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports on the back. A secondary EC is used, the IT8792E, and it helps the SuperIO. Four nuvoTon NCT3941S provide voltage mode fan control of four headers. Four NXP L04083B switch two PCI-E lanes each from the first PCI-E 16x slot to the second. A single NXP L04083B switches bandwidth from the SATA Express (2 SATA ports) to the M.2 slot if needed.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-UD3P for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-UD3P retails for $203.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-UD3P]
- Page 3 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now