Taking a Look Around The Xperia Z2 Tablet
Now we'll take a look around the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which has a lot on offer in the way of ports, waterproof/dust resistance, and more.
Starting with the front, we have the 10.1-inch 1920x1200 display. At the top and to the left we have some Sony branding, while in the middle we have the front-facing webcam. At the bottom left and right of the tablet we have the front-facing speakers.
On the back of the tablet we have some more Sony branding in the middle, while to the top right we have the rear-facing camera and NFC just under it.
On the left, we have the power button and volume rocker. On the right, we don't have anything at all.
On top we have some thick covers that hide away the microUSB and microSD ports.
On the bottom, we have a magnetic charging port if you choose to buy the accessory. This makes the Xperia Z2 Tablet even better, as you don't have to plug anything into it to charge it - just dock it and leave it.
Continuing with the bottom of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, we have to the far left, the 3.5mm headphone/audio jack.
How It Feels - Real World Use of the Xperia Z2 Tablet
I used the Xperia Z2 Tablet on a few trips to the US, so with close to 24 hours of time in the air, the Xperia Z2 Tablet became my best friend, very fast. With the brightness at close to 90% for most of the time, and then for around 2-3 hours at 50%, I was getting 10 hours or more of battery life without a problem.
If I reduced the brightness to 50% for the entire time, I was pushing 14 hours or so out of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which is great. I always bring a portable charger around with me, so the 24,000mAh from Limefuel became my second BFF. This provided me with a few additional charges right up to 100% on the Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Sony offers a Style Cover Stand for the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which I used the entire time I had the tablet. For one, it keeps the entire thing nice and safe from scratches and scruffs, and second it acts like a stand for it so you can have it standing on a desk, or the tray table in front of you on the plane - which is where it was used for 75% of the time in my testing.
Sony sells the Style Cover Stand on Amazon for just $24.99, and it is something that I would highly recommend. It's made of great quality, and has some great features and uses. It has screen auto wake and sleep, and goes into two modes for viewing, or typing on.
PRICING: You can find the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet retails for $499.90 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017