Taking a Look Around The Xperia Z2 Tablet
Now we'll take a look around the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which has a lot on offer in the way of ports, waterproof/dust resistance, and more.
Starting with the front, we have the 10.1-inch 1920x1200 display. At the top and to the left we have some Sony branding, while in the middle we have the front-facing webcam. At the bottom left and right of the tablet we have the front-facing speakers.
On the back of the tablet we have some more Sony branding in the middle, while to the top right we have the rear-facing camera and NFC just under it.
On the left, we have the power button and volume rocker. On the right, we don't have anything at all.
On top we have some thick covers that hide away the microUSB and microSD ports.
On the bottom, we have a magnetic charging port if you choose to buy the accessory. This makes the Xperia Z2 Tablet even better, as you don't have to plug anything into it to charge it - just dock it and leave it.
Continuing with the bottom of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, we have to the far left, the 3.5mm headphone/audio jack.
How It Feels - Real World Use of the Xperia Z2 Tablet
I used the Xperia Z2 Tablet on a few trips to the US, so with close to 24 hours of time in the air, the Xperia Z2 Tablet became my best friend, very fast. With the brightness at close to 90% for most of the time, and then for around 2-3 hours at 50%, I was getting 10 hours or more of battery life without a problem.
If I reduced the brightness to 50% for the entire time, I was pushing 14 hours or so out of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which is great. I always bring a portable charger around with me, so the 24,000mAh from Limefuel became my second BFF. This provided me with a few additional charges right up to 100% on the Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Sony offers a Style Cover Stand for the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which I used the entire time I had the tablet. For one, it keeps the entire thing nice and safe from scratches and scruffs, and second it acts like a stand for it so you can have it standing on a desk, or the tray table in front of you on the plane - which is where it was used for 75% of the time in my testing.
Sony sells the Style Cover Stand on Amazon for just $24.99, and it is something that I would highly recommend. It's made of great quality, and has some great features and uses. It has screen auto wake and sleep, and goes into two modes for viewing, or typing on.
PRICING: You can find the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet retails for $499.90 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now