Taking a Look Around The Xperia Z2 Tablet
Now we'll take a look around the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which has a lot on offer in the way of ports, waterproof/dust resistance, and more.
Starting with the front, we have the 10.1-inch 1920x1200 display. At the top and to the left we have some Sony branding, while in the middle we have the front-facing webcam. At the bottom left and right of the tablet we have the front-facing speakers.
On the back of the tablet we have some more Sony branding in the middle, while to the top right we have the rear-facing camera and NFC just under it.
On the left, we have the power button and volume rocker. On the right, we don't have anything at all.
On top we have some thick covers that hide away the microUSB and microSD ports.
On the bottom, we have a magnetic charging port if you choose to buy the accessory. This makes the Xperia Z2 Tablet even better, as you don't have to plug anything into it to charge it - just dock it and leave it.
Continuing with the bottom of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, we have to the far left, the 3.5mm headphone/audio jack.
How It Feels - Real World Use of the Xperia Z2 Tablet
I used the Xperia Z2 Tablet on a few trips to the US, so with close to 24 hours of time in the air, the Xperia Z2 Tablet became my best friend, very fast. With the brightness at close to 90% for most of the time, and then for around 2-3 hours at 50%, I was getting 10 hours or more of battery life without a problem.
If I reduced the brightness to 50% for the entire time, I was pushing 14 hours or so out of the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which is great. I always bring a portable charger around with me, so the 24,000mAh from Limefuel became my second BFF. This provided me with a few additional charges right up to 100% on the Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Sony offers a Style Cover Stand for the Xperia Z2 Tablet, which I used the entire time I had the tablet. For one, it keeps the entire thing nice and safe from scratches and scruffs, and second it acts like a stand for it so you can have it standing on a desk, or the tray table in front of you on the plane - which is where it was used for 75% of the time in my testing.
Sony sells the Style Cover Stand on Amazon for just $24.99, and it is something that I would highly recommend. It's made of great quality, and has some great features and uses. It has screen auto wake and sleep, and goes into two modes for viewing, or typing on.
PRICING: You can find the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet retails for $499.90 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4