The Lenovo ThinkPad W550s Mobile Workstation offers good performance with long battery life to handle long days and times where there is no battery charger around.
We reviewed the Lenovo ThinkPad W540 Mobile Workstation not long ago and were anxious to see the W550s in action. The ThinkPad W550ss was designed for various industries such as media and entertainment, manufacturing and design and 2D and entry level 3D CAD/CAM.
Let us look at the specifications for the W550s.
The W550s that we received came equipped with an Intel Core i7-5600U processor, this CPU has only 2 cores and with HT turned on we have 4 threads and based on the Broadwell-ULT Architecture. The clock speed of the i7-5600U is at 2.6GHz and it will Turbo up to 3.2GHz. Memory capacity is at 16GB of DDR3 which is the maximum that can be installed in the W550s.
The NVIDIA Quadro K620M 2GB based on NVIDIA's Shark Bay platform generation. The K620M includes 384 Cuda cores, but only used 2GB of DDR3. The W550s uses a 512GB SSD, which gives it fast response, quick boot times and low power use. The W550s uses Lenovo's Power Bridge technology that lets you hot-swap the removable rear 6-cell battery with an extra travel battery, without powering down. The internal 3-cell battery keeps you up and running.
The display on our W550s features an optional 10-point multi-touch panel with up to 3K (2880 x 1620) resolution and IPS technology In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology allows for vivid colors and nearly 180-degree viewing angles.
The W550s also comes equipped with stereo speakers & Dolby stereo sound. For extra security, the W550s has fingerprint scanner and Intel vPro Technology. Intel vPro Technology makes managing the W550s in an enterprise type setting more convenient. You have the ability to manage, protect, repair or locate deployed laptops from anywhere in the world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 4 [Bundled Software]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and Other User Interface]
- Page 7 [Accessory Port Layout and Upgrade]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [CPU and Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse