Test System Setup
Here you can see the stats of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540. This processor includes 8 cores / 16 threads for computing power and features full Xeon supporting instructions. The Xeon processor D-1540 is a full system on a chip architecture so there is no supporting chipset. The base clock speed of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 is 2.0 GHz and it will Turbo up to 2.6GHz. Features of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 include:
- Full AVX 2.0 support (256 Bit Integer)
- Dual FMA providing up to 2x improvement in floating point operations/cycle vs. prior Xeon processors
- AES-NI instructions for crypto support
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) for servers
- Intel VT support
- Full support for Intel Transactional Synchronized Extensions (Intel TSX) for improved multi-threaded performance
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz, and rated at CL15. We have already taken a look at these memory kits which you can find here: Crucial DDR4 Memory Performance Overview Early Look vs. DDR2 & DDR3
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests. The configuration of memory slots used on the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard, we are able to get full RAM speed out of our memory kits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset