Test System Setup
Here you can see the stats of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540. This processor includes 8 cores / 16 threads for computing power and features full Xeon supporting instructions. The Xeon processor D-1540 is a full system on a chip architecture so there is no supporting chipset. The base clock speed of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 is 2.0 GHz and it will Turbo up to 2.6GHz. Features of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 include:
- Full AVX 2.0 support (256 Bit Integer)
- Dual FMA providing up to 2x improvement in floating point operations/cycle vs. prior Xeon processors
- AES-NI instructions for crypto support
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) for servers
- Intel VT support
- Full support for Intel Transactional Synchronized Extensions (Intel TSX) for improved multi-threaded performance
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz, and rated at CL15. We have already taken a look at these memory kits which you can find here: Crucial DDR4 Memory Performance Overview Early Look vs. DDR2 & DDR3
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests. The configuration of memory slots used on the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard, we are able to get full RAM speed out of our memory kits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017