Test System Setup
Here you can see the stats of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540. This processor includes 8 cores / 16 threads for computing power and features full Xeon supporting instructions. The Xeon processor D-1540 is a full system on a chip architecture so there is no supporting chipset. The base clock speed of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 is 2.0 GHz and it will Turbo up to 2.6GHz. Features of the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 include:
- Full AVX 2.0 support (256 Bit Integer)
- Dual FMA providing up to 2x improvement in floating point operations/cycle vs. prior Xeon processors
- AES-NI instructions for crypto support
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) for servers
- Intel VT support
- Full support for Intel Transactional Synchronized Extensions (Intel TSX) for improved multi-threaded performance
In our tests, we will be using the new Crucial DDR4 memory, which has a speed of 2133 MHz, and rated at CL15. We have already taken a look at these memory kits which you can find here: Crucial DDR4 Memory Performance Overview Early Look vs. DDR2 & DDR3
Here we can see the timings of the Crucial DDR4 memory that we will be using in our tests. The configuration of memory slots used on the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard, we are able to get full RAM speed out of our memory kits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now