With the release of Intel Xeon processor D-1500 series processors, manufactures have a complete SoC (System-on-Chip) to build boards around. These processors come with everything needed built right inside the CPU itself so there is no need for extra chipsets. These systems make high compact systems that are low power and have increased performance with up to 8 cores / 16 threads of processing power.
These Xeon processor D's also have the capability to use DDR3 which will lower costs even further. We have been eagerly waiting to see what manufacturers would build with these new processors.
Today we take a look at Supermicro's X10SDV-TLN4F which uses the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 and is the base motherboard used in Supermicro systems such as SYS-5018D-FN4T and SYS-5028D-TN4T, which are compact 1U servers and fast network storage appliances. The key features of the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard are:
- Intel Xeon processor D-1540, Single socket FCBGA 1667; 8-Core, 45W
- System on Chip
- Up to 128GB ECC RDIMM DDR4 2133MHz or 64GB ECC/non-ECC UDIMM in 4 sockets
- Expansion slot: 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4, M Key 2242/2280
- Dual 10GbE LAN and Intel i350-AM2 dual port GbE LAN
- 6x SATA3 (6Gbps) ports via SoC
- 2x USB 3.0 ports (rear), 4x USB 2.0 ports (via headers)
- 1x SuperDOM, 1x COM, TPM 1.2 header, GPIO and SMbus headers
- 12V DC input and ATX Power Source
According to Supermicro, the X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard offers server-class reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) features now available in an ultra-dense, low-power device, the X10SDV-TLN4F will be able to deliver balanced compute, storage and intelligent edge networks and appliances. Let us take a closer look at the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F server motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now