With the release of Intel Xeon processor D-1500 series processors, manufactures have a complete SoC (System-on-Chip) to build boards around. These processors come with everything needed built right inside the CPU itself so there is no need for extra chipsets. These systems make high compact systems that are low power and have increased performance with up to 8 cores / 16 threads of processing power.
These Xeon processor D's also have the capability to use DDR3 which will lower costs even further. We have been eagerly waiting to see what manufacturers would build with these new processors.
Today we take a look at Supermicro's X10SDV-TLN4F which uses the Intel Xeon processor D-1540 and is the base motherboard used in Supermicro systems such as SYS-5018D-FN4T and SYS-5028D-TN4T, which are compact 1U servers and fast network storage appliances. The key features of the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard are:
- Intel Xeon processor D-1540, Single socket FCBGA 1667; 8-Core, 45W
- System on Chip
- Up to 128GB ECC RDIMM DDR4 2133MHz or 64GB ECC/non-ECC UDIMM in 4 sockets
- Expansion slot: 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4, M Key 2242/2280
- Dual 10GbE LAN and Intel i350-AM2 dual port GbE LAN
- 6x SATA3 (6Gbps) ports via SoC
- 2x USB 3.0 ports (rear), 4x USB 2.0 ports (via headers)
- 1x SuperDOM, 1x COM, TPM 1.2 header, GPIO and SMbus headers
- 12V DC input and ATX Power Source
According to Supermicro, the X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard offers server-class reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) features now available in an ultra-dense, low-power device, the X10SDV-TLN4F will be able to deliver balanced compute, storage and intelligent edge networks and appliances. Let us take a closer look at the Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F server motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017