NVIDIA has used the same GM200 core that powered the Titan X, but reduced the CUDA core count to 2816. The VRAM has been reduced too, down from 12GB found on the Titan X, to 6GB on the 980 Ti. We have eight billion transistors inside of the GTX 980 Ti, with 22 SM units, 176 texture units, representing a 38% increase over the GTX 980.
One of the bigger improvements over the GTX 980 is that the GTX 980 Ti features a 384-bit memory bus, up from the 256-bit memory bus on the GTX 980. This gives the GTX 980 Ti memory bandwidth of 336.5GB/sec, an increase of 50% over the GTX 980.
As we said before, NVIDIA has used the blower cooler design that the company has used for quite some time now. The GeForce GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, GTX 970, GTX 980, Titan X and now the GTX 980 Ti all use the same reference cooler design. It does the job, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what ZOTAC, ASUS, MSI and the rest of the AIB partners can do with aftermarket coolers.
Here's an up close shot of the blower fan itself, which is surprisingly quiet for how chunky it is, even under extreme load (like 4K Surround).
And again from a different angle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset