ASRock is a company focused on bringing performance motherboards to the market, and with the Intel X99 chipset, they have done just that. I previously reviewed many of ASRock's X99 offerings and today I take a look at one of their "second" generation X99 motherboards with some more refined features.
The Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 carries a really long feature list, including Ultra M.2, Purity Sound 2, XOC socket, and of course USB 3.1 as the model name suggests. This board looks to appease builders who want a gaming centric board with a lot of USB 3.1 connectivity. Follow me as I venture into the world of the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1.
There are some features that really stick out with ASRock's Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1; 128GB DDR4 memory support with ECC and 12K Nichicon capacitors are two that top the list in terms of uniqueness. Most other X99 motherboards only support 64GB of memory, but ASRock has taken the server approach with their entire X99 lineup, which means that Xeons are fully supported as are the technologies that come with them. While this isn't a server board, many of the features are aimed at workstations, such as the USB DOM connector which is used for very expensive software programs that require a USB drive for authentication.
NOT YET AVAILABLE. We will update you ASAP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni