Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A Cooler
With the view of the cooler now unimpeded, it is easy to see the offset of the tower in relation to the base of this cooler. Doing something this simple requires a lot of the heat pipes and their ability to make tight corners, but Thermalright has pulled it off. A large 140mm tower cooler that won't impede on much but maybe a motherboard screw.
While designing this tower they also decided against a flat fin layout. Here we see that the fins have an angle at the front and the back of the cooler to force the air against the fins, in hopes to make the tower more efficient sticking within the confines of most cases.
The view from the back of the cooler is near identical, and if not for the offset of this design, there really would not be much to address outside of that shift now being heavy on the left side. So, at this point, we will just point out the three rows of pipes spread across the fins, and the two piece base at the bottom that starts the heat transfer.
Since both sides are near identical as well, we grabbed this angle to show the holes made to allow a fan not only onto the front of this cooler via included wire fan clips, but there is a second set of holes to allow a second fan to ride on the back as well.
The top of the cooler has the top most fin anodized black, and in doing so makes the Thermalright name in the middle barely visible at this angle. We do have all six pipe tips exposed, showing how well they cover the fin area as they are spread out across them.
Getting the pipes on the longer side of the tower is a work of art with the multiple bends, the way they all stack next to each other, and while only two pipes deliver heat to the bottom two fins, the rest of the fins are pressed onto all six.
Since this side of the cooler is much shorter, there is less room for elegant bends and freeform design. Here almost immediately after leaving the base they make an immediate near ninety degree turn to run through the fin stack on the outside, and as they are closer to the middle, the bends get more extreme.
The finish of this base is near perfect in its smoothness, and the warning sticker's reflection attests to that fact. We also put a straight edge against this base and found while slightly convex, as you go out the deflection stays level, and doesn't curve off near the edges of the contact area.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler retails for $49.90 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now