Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2EEGHz (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR-533 OCZ (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk:2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9800XT (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Catalyst 4.9
For the Motherboard of choice we used the Gigabyte 8KNXP Ultra 64
This board is based on the Intel i875P Northbridge with the ICH5-S Hance Rapids Southbridge. This chip gives support for PCI-X 133MHz channels so it was perfect for the controller card. To test against other chips it also has onboard a Silicon Image 3114 Serial ATA 4 port controller and the onboard Intel/Adaptec ICH5R system, which will be compared against the 1820A controller card.
Version and / or Patch Used: SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we can see that the 1820 Highpoint Controller is able to equal the onboard Southbridge controller and is way ahead of the PCI based controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Report: Crytek Shanghai studio closes due to unpaid rent
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti