This testing is just to see what the drive is capable of in an FOB (fresh out of box) state under optimal conditions. We are utilizing Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit for this testing.
That is a lab record for SATA based 4K write performance.
We tested our 850 EVO M.2 with Samsung's latest iteration of their RAPID caching software.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD retails for $194.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Samsung Magician 4.6 and Samsung Data Migration Software]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 11 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP) and RAPID]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus