ASUS's UEFI has two modes, an EZ Mode and an Advanced Mode. Q-Fan control is provided through a fancy GUI, one of the nicer ones I have seen. The Advanced Mode is what many have come to expect from ASUS's UEFI, and I used it for all the overclocking I did for this review. There are many settings for tweakers to mess around with, and if you need extra voltage ranges ASUS provides an OV jumper to unlock higher voltage ranges. Overall, ASUS's UEFi was simple enough to use, and didn't seem to have any major bugs worth reporting.
ASUS has a software suite which installs all the software into one easy to use program called Dual Intelligent Processors 5. The TPU part of the program offers great in-Windows overclocking options.
Fan control is also done through Fan Expert 3, which has a very nice GUI. There is also power control for the digital PWM.
System power control can also be handled through the suite. On the right is an image of ASUS's customized Realtek software suite for the audio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-PRO]
- Page 3 [X99-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup