Quality on the Fatal1ty X99 Professional is top notch; from the 8 layer/2oz copper PCB to the 12K Nichicon capacitors, ASRock is giving users great quality components. I was initially under the impression that this board carries the same VRM as the X99 Extreme6, but I was mistaken. The Fatal1ty X99 Professional carries double the amount of MOSFETs, and it shows in the thermal testing.
Overall temperatures are much lower when the system is under the same load and overclock, however, idle temperatures are a bit higher (because of more switching components), but I would take lower load temperatures over lower idle temperature almost every time. I was impressed with power consumption numbers considering the increased amount of MOSFETs, and with the VRM as a whole.
The Fatal1ty X99 Professional is a high-end X99 motherboard at a reasonable price. The board has a crazy amount of features including 11x USB 3.0 ports, dual 4x M.2 slots, 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX capability, all the OC features one might want, and dual LAN. There are boards that boast the same amount of features, but their price tags are closer to $400, if not higher. Many of these boards also don't offer the proper 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX spacing the Fatal1ty X99 Professional has, and carry an Ultra M.2 port at the same time. However, you are making a trade-off and losing some PCI-E lanes for 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX when you have an Ultra M.2 slot with this configuration.
What is impressive is that ASRock isn't sharing much bandwidth; you can get away with running almost every port/slot at the same time. While it has a ton of features, performance is average, but with X99, "average" is well above the norm. If you are a gamer looking for a plethora of the latest features and technologies, and don't want to break the bank, then the Fatal1ty X99 Professional might be the right choice for you.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||87%|
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||89%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: If you are a gamer looking for a plethora of the latest features and technologies, and don't want to break the bank, then the Fatal1ty X99 Professional might be the right choice for you.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL retails for $371.42 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 retails for $379 at PLE Computers.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99 Professional]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design