According to their marketing materials, there are four main issues with Bluetooth headphones of today: poor endurance (battery life), poor sound quality, bulky, and uncomfortable designs and annoying wires.
With an aim to challenge the rest through their G700 Bluetooth headphones, Syllable has made some big claims from the beginning and thus we will be comparing this product to some previously reviewed models. Can the G700 live up to the hype? Read on to find out.
These headphones will connect to your device through a range of options, including Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and an optional (and removable) 3.5mm cable. This connection will see the 40mm drivers pump out an impedance of 16 OHM and provide a frequency response of 20-20,000 Hz.
Weighing 281g, this product isn't the lightest we've felt and that would be partly due to the solid metal framing and a 400mAh in-built battery, which claims a 12-hour playback time. The G700 is also much larger than other products we have tried, measuring 8.2 x 6.8 x 2.3 inches.
With a claimed standard Bluetooth range of 10-15 metres, the standby time sits at a handy 320 hours. The headband is a mixture of solid metal framing and leather covering, alongside on-ear leather earcups being supplied.
Pricing & Availability
At the time of writing, the Syllable G700 is available for a reasonable price of $99.57 from GearBest with free shipping, however, the sound and comfort has to be tested before the price is deemed worthy. It sits around the same price range as gaming headsets like the Kingston HyperX Cloud I/II and the portable (but wired) Noontec Zoro II HD. If it can keep up with these products in their respective departments, expect it to score highly.
What's in the box?
Featuring a provided flat micro-USB charging cable, a 3.5mm AUX sound cable, product information card and carry case, it's refreshing to see that the full range of provisions have been covered. We've seen a few companies leave out the carry case and it's a real shame, seeing as these products are designed for travel, they will easily become worn, scratched and beaten by being carried in your luggage, handbag or backpack. The soft pouch allows you for a little extra protection, especially against scratches on the bare metal frame.
The audio and charging cables are of great length, because one again, many companies are offering inadequate charging cables which severely limits your ability to top up the device. It's quite often to see 5cm micro-USB cables supplied which are quite annoying when put to use.
The AUX cable has an extremely solid feel and seems well constructed alongside the joins around the actual 3.5mm connection look and feel well made.
PRICING: You can find the Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headset for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited