We've looked at the Galaxy S4 case and charging stand, the magnetic cable and more, so here's the next instalment - the magnetic charging pad. This product also provides a 360-degree magnetic wireless charging capability rated at 99.5% of the speed of a direct micro-USB connection.
You've already received a charging stand bundled with the Patriot FUEL iON case, so why buy the charging pad? Read on to find out our thoughts on the matter.
Compatible with any of Patriot's FUEL iON series charging cases, this charging pad sits flat on your bedside table, dresser, kitchen bench, or computer table.
Thanks to the magnetic connection, this device will be able to charge your phone at any angle within a 360 degree spectrum, as long as a connection is continued. This means that you'll remove any niggling issues of a micro-USB cable hanging out the bottom of your phone. The device itself is provided power through a micro-USB connection and there aren't any listed limitations to charging speed. You can assume that it's the same as the dock, allowing whatever you put into it to be transferred to the device.
Pricing & Availability
Setting you back $29.99 plus shipping from Amazon, this product is the cheapest of the bunch so far, but still a little pricey. I understand we're paying for the research and development here alongside a little for the brand name, but every accessory adds more money to the investment and makes it a little harder to justify.
What's in the box?
There's the charging pad and there's the cable - that's it.
The included USB cable is of adequate length, but it can always be longer. It's also quite thick, around 1mm thicker than every other cable I've used and something that's a common trend in this FUEL iON series.
PRICING: You can find the FUEL iON Charge Pad - Magnetic Wireless Charging System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni