Inside the Fortress SST-FT05B-W
After sliding the top to the back and lifting it away, we find a pair of plastic handles surrounding a large box of hardware. This is mostly open otherwise, as it is technically the rear of the chassis, only with a ninety degree twist.
Nearer to the front handle, inside of the top rail, you will find a release latch. This is for the right side of the chassis, but pressing the lump under and to the left of the R releases the lock and allows the side panel to lift straight up and off the frame.
Since there is a window in the left panel, it does not get any sound absorbing material. The right side that we are seeing here does in fact get a large section of material added to both keep the panel from rattling, and of course absorbing noises from inside the chassis.
Without the sides and the top in place, the chassis opens right up. Things appear to be very cramped at first glance, but once we get all of the gear installed later, you will see there is ample room for most builds.
Inside of the front of the chassis, we find it is completely lined with sound absorbing material, and is where all of the front I/O wiring is left to hang from the top of the chassis. Also, just off to the left, we see the slot-load optical bay drive if you have a need for an optical drive of whatever flavor.
Since we already had all of the wiring in view, we may as well cover them now as well. There is the power and reset leads to the left, the HD Audio, USB 3.0 and SATA power lead in the middle, leaving the long lead to connect for the HDD LED. Since it may have to be very visible, we do appreciate that everything is black and easily hidden in plain sight.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording