Inside the Silent Base 800 Continued
The floor of the chassis is pretty well open from stem to stern with round mesh cut from it. At the back are rubber pads to set the PSU on, and there is use of one of the fan locations, but without removing the HDD cage base, access to the other one is blocked.
Inside of the back in the Silent Base 800, we can plainly see the fan style used in this chassis, and it matches what we have found in cooler previous to this. With the 3-pin power lead crossing over the vented expansion slots, it also draws the eye to the thumbscrews used to secure them.
Behind the motherboard tray, we found 25mm of room for wiring, and this depth will also help things when you fill the optional 2.5" drive trays below the access hole in the motherboard tray. We also noticed that there are not many tie points, but the ones offered are right where the wiring naturally flows.
All of the wiring is black to blend in with the paint inside of the chassis, and we have all the usual suspects. HD Audio, native USB 3.0, a regular USB 2.0 connection, and the button and LED wiring is all pretty basic stuff.
When it comes to the wiring, feel free to tie it all down as the bezel is not attached to it. This is how you gain access to the fan filter in the bezel, or to swap out this pair of 140mm pre-installed intake fans.
If you do plan to add cooling to the top of the chassis, even here, the wiring is not permanently connected to the cover. Disconnecting two clips allows the cover to be put out of the way so you can tackle installing fans or water cooling under it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives