A Closer Look
The Galaxy S6 edge is one of the most beautiful smartphones that I've ever laid eyes on, and that's coming from someone who did not think much about any of the previous handsets. From top to bottom, Samsung has spared no expense in making this their best smartphone yet.
Starting at the front, we have the 5.1-inch QHD display protected by Gorilla Glass 4. At the top, we have the 5-megapixel front-facing camera, earpiece, and sensors. Down the bottom, we have the Home button and fingerprint scanner, to the left of it the multitask button and to the right, back.
On the back, we have some Samsung branding in the center, and above that the impressive 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with OIS. To the right of that, we have the LED flash and a health sensor that records your heartbeat.
On the bottom of the Galaxy S6 edge, we have from left to right: the speaker grill, microUSB port for charging and syncing (which is also fast-charging capable) and the 3.5mm audio jack for headphones or speakers.
To the left, we have the volume up and down buttons.
On the right of the S6 edge, we have the power button.
On the top of the handset, we have the nano SIM card port.
The Best Smartphone Screen Ever
I'm such a display aficionado, in all forms. My workstation PC has an LG 34-inch ultra-wide 34UC97 monitor, which is one of the best you can buy. I'm a big fan of high-resolution, super-detailed displays in all forms. So, when I turned the Galaxy S6 edge on and began to play around with it, I fell head over heels in love with it.
Rocking a 5.1-inch QHD sAMOLED panel, this is Samsung's best display yet. With its 2560x1440 resolution and 577 PPI, it is packed from edge-to-edge with an array of beautiful pixels. The dual-edge display really lends a hand to its uniqueness, with full-screen Full HD videos on YouTube bleeding out to the edge creating an almost 3D effect. It's quite stunning to see in person.
All of the numbers in the world can provide you with a sense of what to expect, but seeing it in person is just something different. The display absolutely pops with clarity, with gorgeous colors and crispness that is unparalleled. We're talking about a display that makes the iPhone 6 Plus display become second best, which is something worth talking about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset