Any of our overclocking on the VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC resulted in issues with artifacts beyond around 30-50MHz on the Core, and anything above 50-100MHz on the RAM. When the overclocks were stable, the performance benefits were not that great, resulting in less than 1-2% change.
Overclocking this card isn't something that it was made for, and it already has some slight OC on its clocks as it is. But, it's definitely worth considering - if you wanted to buy this card for the overclock, you might want to steer clear.
If there's one thing that the VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC does right, it's the power consumption. It's the most power efficient card we've tested so far, even when it's compared against the GeForce GTX 960 and its impressive Maxwell architecture.
The VisionTek Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC isn't the loudest card on our chart so far, but it does make some noise during Battlefield 4. Comparing this to the GTX 960 (which isn't on our chart at the moment - sorry), it is loud - as the GTX 960s make no noise during operation thanks to their super-cool operating temperatures.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup