GIGABYTE has one of the largest X99 motherboard fleets in the retail market. Instead of leaving just a few models to satisfy their customers, they tend to tailor their segments to better target their end users' needs. GIGABYTE has come out with G1 Gaming, SOC Overclocking, and Ultra Durable lines. While each type of board is specifically targeted towards gamers, overclockers, or power users, all the boards cross over into each other's domains.
Their overclocking boards carry upgraded audio and their gaming boards carry overclocking feature, while their main series carries both. However, as you get deeper into their product structure, certain products offer features that don't exist on other lines, and the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI is a perfect example of this.
GIGABYTE has been keen on consistently improving the audio on their motherboards, and the AMP-UP section of the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI is a perfect example of continuing innovation. Not only does the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI come with gaming features, but it also boasts a few overclocking features, because after all gamers can also be overclockers. Follow me as I put the X99 Gaming G1 WIFI through the grueling tests and analysis only found here at TweakTown.
Here are the manufacturer specifications. The board is packed with features for gaming, overclocking, and productivity. Dual NICs, AC WIFI, OC buttons, endless ways to recover from a bad BIOS flash, 4-Way multi GPU support are a few of the plethora of features the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI provides.
The X99-Gaming G1 WIFI is $324.87 on Amazon at the time of this review, which is a bit on the higher side for X99 motherboards. The board does provide a wide array of features, so it is a tradeoff of features for price.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Gaming G1 WIFI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming G1 WIFI]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming G1 WIFI Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller