I captured a video with the Seek Thermal XR:
This video is of my gaming laptop. At the beginning, the laptop is off and I turn it on and start up a game. You will notice that as the temperature difference increases, the image quality gets better as the camera can more easily differentiate temperature differences.
You can see what the laptop looks like in the image above.
While most of the images in this section are comparisons between the two cameras, I wanted to highlight the focus ability of the lens. The image of the left is focused all the way to the left and the image on the right is the most out of focus I could get the image.
This image of the roof of a house is from about 1000 feet away, you can see that the older model actually does quite well, however, the XR zooms in much closer with the same quality resulting in more detail.
This was shot from 500 feet away from a tree at night. The tree has retained heat from the day. While the older model seems to highlight the tree better, it is because of the other parts of the image that are colder than the tree and which aren't captured in the XR model because of its zoom. The larger the temperature difference in the image, the easier it is for you to distinguish what is in the image. However, the detail in the XR image is better.
Here the images look like one was shot from 100 feet away and the other from 50 feet, however, both are from 100 feet away. This is the benefit of the XR model, as its zooms in by default, without sacrificing image quality.
This is a pot of boiling water from a few feet away, the images are pretty similar. For pictures such as this the XR doesn't provide any extra capabilities over its predecessor.
This is the laptop from the video; the XR does much better with up-close shots as well because of its focus ability.
This is image best highlights the difference between the two cameras. The XR is definitely the winner when it comes to macro shots.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4